In this essay, I am asking you to INFORM the reader about a topic you think they should know about. This is different from a narrative, because you aren’t telling a story. Instead, you are writing a formal essay using research and evidence that provides information on a topic of your choice.
- Your essay should have a clear thesis about the topic you’re exploring. It may help to have a 3-pronged thesis, as below:
- Example: Having a child changes a person’s perspective. Children make parents more compassionate, empathetic, and hopeful.
- Your body paragraphs should be driven by clear topic sentences (claims) that are related to your thesis.
- TS1: Having a child creates compassion in the parent, as parents are forced to see the world through the eyes of an innocent child.
- TS2: Children teach parents about empathy
- TS3: Children make parents more hopeful and more likely to desire and create positive changes in society and the world.
- The essay must be grammatically clear and written in a formal, academic voice so that mistakes don’t distract the reader from the content
- Use Grammarly, peer edit, and check with me
- POV: 1st and 3rd are acceptable, but only where appropriate (for example, you may tell a personal anecdote using 1st person, but the entire essay shouldn’t stay limited to your story. See “In Praise of a Snail’s Pace”).
- Your essay should be between 2-4 pages
- Your essay should include evidence (paraphrased, summarized, or quoted facts, examples, or details) from at least 2 sources (different websites/articles/texts) and have a Works Cited page at the end.
Essay Rubric: 100 points
|Essay Rubric: 100 points|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFocus and Organization||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEvidence and Elaboration||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Conventions and Usage||
|Total Points: 100|
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now