Answer the following questions covering material from Ch. 14 of Methods in Behavioral Research:
1. What is replication, and what role does it play in increasing the external validity or generalizability of a study? In what way is the IRB involved in using participants in a research study?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using college students as participants in research studies?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. What potential problems can arise from generalization of results to different cultures or ethnic groups?
4. What is meta-analysis, and how is it useful to practitioners and scholars?
5. True or false: In many cases, meta analyses involves calculating an average effect size for a relationship between variables.
6. True or false: Many constructs, such as physical attractiveness and self-esteem, appear constant across cultures; thus, external validity is less of a concern when conducting research on such constructs. Provide a brief explanation of your answer.
7. Summarize the main points of the course, emphasizing the importance of research to the psychology profession.